This year’s SIRF Community Carnival will celebrate all that is unique and wonderous about our beautiful towns. Our Tales of the Tees Valley theme will bring together 40 community groups for a spectacular parade not to be missed.
The Carnival begins with a parade of hundreds of performers from local schools and community groups, many dressed in colourful costumes, celebrating the Tees Valley.
Thousands of people are expected to line the route for the vibrant parade as the procession passes along Stockton High Street leading to the Riverside where you can enjoy an afternoon of free live music, family entertainment and
workshops following the parade.
12pm: The Parade begins on Church Road before turning left onto Stockton High Street. It will travel along the High Street passing the Town Hall and The Shambles before turning into Tower Street and looping back along Riverside Road.
12.30pm-3.30pm: The Parade will arrive on Stockton Riverside for an afternoon of performances, including live music, family entertainment and workshops, including:
Carnival stage, Stockton Riverside - timetable:
- 12.30pm-12.50pm - Compere to announce groups arrival onto Riverside
- 12.50pm-1.35pm - The Hootones perform on stage
- 1.50pm-2.05pm - Back Chat Brass perform on stage
- 2.10pm-2.40pm - The Groove Mission – performance on grass area
- 2.45pm-3.30pm - The Houndcats perform on stage.
- 3.30pm - Close
Carnival workshops, Stockton Riverside (running between 12.30pm & 3.30pm):
- Let’s Circus – circus workshops
- Apollo Arts – craft area
- PEG Creations – craft workshops
- Scott Walkers Pentagon
Supported by HLF as part of Great Place Tees Valley