What an unforgettable four days of performance, theatre, dance, circus, music, family fun and incredible experiences we enjoyed at this year’s Stockton International Riverside Festival.
The jam-packed programme saw Stockton Town Centre transformed into a huge outdoor performance space showcasing the finest outdoor arts and street theatre from the UK and across the world.
SIRF19 saw over 150 shows from 43 companies hailing from 10 countries across the globe, including France, India, Belgium, Finland, Spain and Korea. And it all took place across four amazing days in 9 different locations across Stockton-on-Tees.
There was dancing on shipping containers and in camper vans, on tight ropes and atop poles, theatre under water and high above your heads. SIRF19 had it all, from rainbow colour and carnival to spectacular aerial performance, magical theatre, dance, circus and music it was packed full of free, fun and family friendly entertainment for everyone!
And we couldn’t have done it without our Festival partners, staff, artists, participants and volunteers without whom the Festival wouldn’t be possible and who all come together each year to make the Festival a special and memorable event for everyone.
And a special thanks goes to you, our lovely audiences - who come back year after year, who come early and stay late, who are patient with the slow burn and rocked by the spectacle – thanks to all who came!
Here are some of the lovely things that you have said over on our social media:
- “What a wonderful weekend. Loved everything I experienced, thank you Stockton”
- “Great SIRF19.Thanks to all involved in bringing another spectacular event to Stockton!”
- “Fallen a little in love with #stockton. Artistically at least, it's a small town punching WAY above its weight. @SIRF_Stockton's been incredible”
- “Brilliant finale to SIRF 2019. A truly amazing festival, best in the UK. Always hard to adjust to normal life after 4 days of seeing incredible & inspiring shows. Roll on 2020. Thanks”
- “Amazing weekend and amazing finale as always, well done to all who make this happen. I've been going to SIRF since I was young with my dad and now me and my dad still go, but my children now can't wait for next year-thank you”
Read and relive the SIRF19 Programme here
Check out our fantastic video highlights from SIRF19: